Already have a Username/Password for Canadian Online Journal of Queer Studies in Education?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published nor is it before another journal for consideration; or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor.
- All Submissions must be in APA (5th Edition) format. Submission not sent in this format will be returned for correct preparation. The submission file must be in RTF document file format.
- The text is double-spaced (including notes, references, quotations, appendices, etc.); uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); with figures and tables placed within the text, rather than at the end.
- No bold type is used. No special fonts or special formatting has been used.
- There are no footnotes at the bottom of pages. Notes should be carried to the end of the text and inserted in a section called NOTES, immediately after the text and immediately before the references
- All URL addresses in the text (e.g., http://pkp.ubc.ca) are activated and ready to click.
- All notes, citations, and references conform to the APA style, 5th edition. All citations in the text are fully documented in the reference section. Every reference is complete. All references in the reference section have been cited in the text. The references appear on a separate page at the end of the article, after the text and the notes.
- Headings must conform to APA (5th Edition) standards.
- For indenting, please use the TAB key, not the space bar.
- Report all percentages as numbers followed by %.
- Written permission has been obrained and is included with the manuscript for all quotations that require permission and for all tables, figures, or quotation over 300 words from sources for which the author does not hold the copyright.
- The text meets this journal's formatting requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines found in About the Journal. If the journal section is peer reviewed, author identification has been removed, and "Author" and year have been used in the bibliography and footnotes, instead of authors' names, titles, etc. The author's name has been removed from the document's Properties, which in Microsoft Word is found in the File menu.
Copyright for articles published in this journal is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. By virtue of their appearance in this open access journal, articles are free to use, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.